Meet this week awesome studentpreneur: Gideon Silverman, 30 yo, Australian MBA Student a Stanford University, USA and Entrepreneur at Monetise, Sydney.
Help Gideon! Try out www.monetise.com.au and send your feedback to Gideon.Silverman@monetise.com.au
He sold his first business at Uni to a charity that he was working with, and a great outcome is that that business is being used to teach some business skills yo young Australians (Check Gideon.com.au).
Gideon went from selling shoes at the market while at Uni, to be a consultant at McKinsey and finally to a set up a finance startup while at Stanford, triggered by helping his mother to do her finance.
He operated by instincts in his first business at Uni, then honed then into business judgments at McKinsey, judgments built on experience.
– With physical products, you have margin and profit from day one.
– If there is one skill that served me well in my entrepreneurial career it’s accounting, it’s a critical skill.
Balancing business and studies
– Be very rigorous in managing your personal calendar, schedule everything.
– Have a mobile office: use “dead time” while travelling to work.
– Make sure you have your release valve: e.g. exercise and yoga
SUBSCRIBE TO THE STUDENTPRENEUR PODCAST